Boston Mayflower Limited, Registered Housing Provider operating in the East Midlands, own and manage approximately 4,600 rented homes with a further 200 leasehold and shared ownership interests. In addition to these property assets, Boston Mayflower also manage 35 hectares of grassed open areas, footpaths and car parks.
Lovell Johns were approached as part of formal tender procedure to bid for the supply, maintenance and hosting of a web GIS system that would include appropriate Ordnance Survey base data including MasterMap Topography Layer and Address Layer 2. With outdated ownership boundaries marked on paper maps, Boston Mayflower were seeking mapping software to help manage communal areas and produce detailed, accurate information for tenants receiving service charges as well as improving efficiency of future procurement processes.
Following a presentation of our Web-based GIS for Housing Management solution, Lovell Johns were awarded 5 year fixed price contract for services including:
- Scanning of 5000 paper maps & records
- Digitisation of 500 scanned maps
- Mapping of assets from imagery and ground research
- GIS dataset creation based on Ordnance Survey data
- Import of property and tenant specific information
- Ground research verification
- Land registry comparison and reporting
- Development of bespoke Web GIS application based on Open Source technology
The above services, including the delivery of the web GIS release version software, were provided in under 4 months from contract signing.