Milton Park is a modern and attractive business park near Abingdon boasting 350 organisations and 15,000 people across over 4 million square feet. The Park’s core occupiers are science, technology and university spin-off businesses with a collaborative culture. With the Park receiving many visitors and benefitting from a large proportion of green space, managers MEPC were seeking a new detailed site map to improve navigation and orientation, also to encourage exploration of the site and its’ opportunities for activity-based time away from the office.
Starting with an early discussion prior to our proposal submission, the site map was designed through an iterative process using a consultative approach. We were able to grasp the ambitions from MEPC Marketing staff and also wider stakeholders for a new estate master plan which deliver benefits such as:
- Improved visitor navigation and orientation through detailed depiction of key buildings
- Large-scale display at arrival points and information areas
- Inclusion of cycle and walking routes
- Highlighting of available green spaces, bringing in the work of landscape architects
- Highlighting on-site amenities such as cafes, shops, post office etc.
The site map and its numbered key is now displayed on a large information board at the main Park arrival point and also on the Milton Park website. As a layered artwork file, MEPC now have a valuable resource from which we can develop further simplified thematic maps such as Walking and Cycling, Local Amenities and Bus Routes. Anna Fletcher, Marketing and Communications Manager, commented ‘Thank you so much for this, the map looks really great’.